These cookies include:
- Session cookies
- Settings cookies
For analytics, I use a custom, fully open-source solution that hooks directly into my CMS, Admiral.
By doing this, I can keep your data on my own servers instead of having it hang around at third-party providers (whom will use it to track you and sell you stuff) while also being able to offer full transparency about what I do with the data I gather..
Once you leave my site, my website won't track you.
All data obtained is data that are being sent by the client during a request anyways.
Ofcourse, I do understand that you might not want to be tracked at all, therefore, I allow you to completely disable my analytics as long as you want!
How is your data collected and processed?
It collects your data by loading a small script that sends a tiny request to my server for the data collection.
Data collected by this includes (and is currently limited to):
- A unique identifier
- Your IP address
- Your Country (not yet implemented)
- Your browser's User Agent
- The page you are on
- The page where you originate from
- The user's settings (the thingy above)
- The timestamp of collection
This data shall be used for the following purposes:
- See which pages on my sites are the most popular
- See where from the globe my visitors originate from
- See what platforms people use to visit my website
- See what settings people use
- See how much visitors I have within a given timespan
- Selling data to 3rd party advertisers
- Track you outside my website